- CPU: Any Intel or AMD processor, 1Ghz or better - dual-core supported
- RAM: 256 MB minimum, 512 MB recommended
- CD-ROM drive required
- Video Card: NVIDIA, ATI, Intel© i8xx and i9xx, SIS, Matrox, VIA. 3D desktop features requires NVIDIA GeForce or later, ATI Radeon 7000 or later, or Intel i810 or later
- Sound Card: Any Sound Blaster-compatible card and AC97™ please note that Creative Labs X-Fi cards are not currently supported
- Minimum hard disk space: 3GB for a smooth installation - 4GB if you plan to use KDE 4
- Serial ATA: Most controllers supported in non-RAID mode and some in RAID mode
- For more information: Please check the Mandriva Hardware Database
One, an easily extensible desktop
One gives you easy and free access to the official Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring software repositories, containing more than 17,000 packages.
The selection of applications provided by One meets all the most common desktop needs. Still, in case you find yourself in need of more software, with just a few clicks you can access the official Mandriva software repositories, containing over 17,000 packages. Almost any Linux application you might need can be found here. To read about how to access these repositories, click here.
What's more, the Mandriva backports system gives you the option of getting the very latest versions of certain applications, without waiting for the next Mandriva release. To find out about backports, click here.
One, the Linux desktop which adapts to your chosen environment
One is offered as a direct download with the KDE environment. You can also download it with the GNOME environment. For each environment, there are three versions of One with different languages available. You just have to pick the version that suits you!
For more information, and to help you get Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring One, visit these helpful links: